Friday, February 13, 2009

Singles Awareness Day

Broken Heart Cookie

's nothing quite like Valentine's Day to remind me that, once again, I am single. As if it weren't bad enough that I will be sitting at home with my two favorite men (Ben & Jerry) on this vicious holiday, it sucks that my ex will be off celebrating with his current girlfriend. Okay, so the sitting at home with ice cream is to much of a cliché for me to participate in, but I know I will end up spending the day agonizing over what he planned for her on Valentine's.

Now, I've never been a fan of Valentine's Day. If you're in a relationship, I don't think Hallmark needed to create a holiday to remind you to tell your significant other how much you care. And if you're single, well, it reminds you that you're single. My friend used to wish me a happy "Singles Awareness Day." S.A.D. as I always took it. I've never felt that I was the type of girl who needed a boyfriend to make me happy or feel "complete," but February 14 makes me feel like I'm not a part of this special club that only accepts two people at a time.

So how to spend Valentine's Day has always been a predicament of mine. But looking back, I never have awful memories. I always make sure that I'm not alone. I surround myself with people who care and love me, and who I care about and love as well.

However, I must say that I am a sucker for helping some of my girlfriends plan romantic dates for their boyfriends.

I ask you, how do you celebrate Valentine's Day? Do you spend the day with your significant other or with your girlfriends?


Thx so much anonymous!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment